Thursday, March 1, 2018

March Arrives, I Visit the Dentist, and May Be Out of Commission on This Blog for a Few Days

The calendar clicks to March, and I am looking down the road to some dental surgery this coming week. I've had a long wait for it after I lost a crown on a crumbling tooth early in February, and will be glad to have the tooth extracted — though I can't say I'm looking forward to the extraction at all (though I'll definitely be happy to have the "dead" tooth gone).

I'm sharing all this in case I am silent here for a few days, as I steel myself for the dental work and then recover for a bit. I am not a patient patient (and, if you've read this blog for a while, you've no doubt picked up on that), and dental "patience" is the worst of all for me to acquire, given my experiences with dentists as a child. Think Laurence Olivier in "Marathon Man" . . . . Though my current dentist is the nicest and kindest fellow in the world, and I feel in good hands with him working on this tooth.

But given my white-coat blood pressure problems any time I go to any dentist at all, I'm thinking today that I need to do some prep work in the next several days, with the aim of trying to assure that my blood pressure is not reaching to the sky when I sit down in the dental chair next week. And for that reason, I may not be posting too much here until this is all over and done with.

The screenshot is from a clip from "Marathon Man" at YouTube. I am assuming that because this clip is at YouTube, sharing screenshots from it online is permitted.

No comments: