Monday, May 2, 2011

Holy Irritations Blog: "Professed Christians" Attributing Assassination of Osama bin Laden to Bl. John Paul II?!



Maybe some readers of Bilgrimage who have been paying more attention to television commentary following the assassination of Osama bin Laden than I have can decipher the following statement by ennie on his Holy Irritations blog today:  


Now, my fallen nature wants, so bad, to go off right now on the behavior that I saw displayed last night on social networks by professed Christians, but I'm not.  I could speak about how wrong on so many levels, it is for us to say in any way that Blessed John Paul II intercession had anything to do with the death of a man (see fall of communism), but I'm not.

Really? Are some fans of Blessed John Paul II really attributing the assassination of bin Laden to Bl. JPII?  

And if that's the case, then I wonder if this is why the Vatican has made this statement about the killing of bin Laden and the proper Christian response to it?

If any readers do know of statements by the JPII fan club that his intercession is responsible for the assassination of bin Laden, or that it's some kind of divine sign that bin Laden was assassinated on the same day JPII was beatified, I'd like to know about this commentary.  These are certainly the implications I'm hearing in what ennie says above.

No comments: